[compost_tea] Mushrooms in lawn a good sign?

From: Jeff Lowenfels <jeff_at_gardener.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 14:40:29 -0900

<< That brings to mind a question. Does the presence of toadstools
and mushrooms in a lawn give any indication there is fungi in the
soil. We are getting more and more every summer. I take that as an
indication the soil is staying moist and cool in the shade provided
by the 3 inch tall grass.>>

Yes, mushrooms in the lawn are usually a good sign of a healthy lawn soil f=
oodweb. Mushrooms are the fruiting body of fungi and lawns surely need fung=
i. Hopefully what you are looking at are mychorrizal fungi associated with =
the lawn and the trees in and around the lawn.

Cheers,

Jeff