Re: [compost_tea] Re: Water Quality

From: Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 10:21:04 -0700 (PDT)

Rain water may be just right but What is it being colleced on? I collected rain water after a new roof had been installed with a great system to prevent moss. ( I was not aware of the pollution the moss control was causing) The rain water damaged everything it was used on. Many roofing materials are treated for moss control. Bob

John Francis <mrkringles_at_msn.com> wrote:I wonder if rain water would be the best choice? It's low in total
dissolved solids.

John

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "Ted Peterson"
<ted.peterson_at_t...> wrote:
> [...]
Dissolved Salts not solids. I guess I will have to reread some basic
texts and see where I got this wrong. However, can you tell me what
difference Total Dissolved Solids make with the tea? Since we are
dumping compost into the water and even if you use a bag (ugh!) some
of the finer particles will fall through the mesh and collate in the
liquid if fine enough. My systems do not use bags or chambers and so
have a lot of suspended solids in the tea.

> It just goes to show how little I really know. I totally mistook
TDS for salts not solids. Wow, does this change things.

> Ted Peterson
> Earth-Wise/Spirit of the Earth

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT