[compost_tea] Re: Pathogen, Biosolids and the CTTF Report

From: dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 04:14:24 -0000
--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "Ted Peterson"
<ted.peterson_at_t...> wrote:
> You are talking about land application of supernate which is at
least secondary processing.  Supernate is tested and must show < .02
pathogens before it can be land applied.  If they are violating EPA
you have a dandy law suit.  See, states can make harsher rules but
they can't make looser rules.  If it's in CA and it is legal
application, I would be less worried about pathogens than about heavy
metals and endrocine distruptors (your wife/girlfriends estrogen pill
or other hormonal treatment.).
See, metals can only be

diluted.

<><<<><><><>That's what mostly happens I thot in waste water
trmt,"dilution is the solution" is motto.  Water lowers BOD and heavy
metals concentration.
And lowers solids too.  Trmt probably includes straining non-
biodegradable solids out. So I see they need ACT to reduce pathogens
to meet <.02 spec. Dennis

As far as I know, there is no process to deal with metals like there
is to deal with pathogens.  Endrocine disruptors have only been
identified as a problem in the past 5 to 7 years and the problem is
growing because there is no method to process them out of anything
they are in.  They are now showing up in drinking water and I think
that RO maybe gets them but I am not 100% sure of this.  Salinas

<><<>I'm in Salina KS area.>>>>>Dennis

is in CA and the rules covering land app. of biosolids is covered by
EPA and Cal EPA.  I have the document references if you need them.

> Ted Peterson
> EW/SOE

Yahoo! Groups Links