Re: [compost_tea] Microscope?

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 10:32:19 -0400
We have two microscopes that we have bought and will be taking pictures for the manual, comparing the quality of the two microscopes.  If both can be used, I'll put out one manual with pictures from both microscopes.  One costs less than the other ($300 versus $500), both the more expensive gives better resolution.  That means, what you see is clearer in the more expensive microscope.

For those who want to buy their own microscope, I will give out the specs for microscopes once I have finalized the decision on the easiest-to-use microscope.

The manual should sell for about $15 to $20.  You could buy the manual, and then decide which microscope to get, based on what you want to use the microscope for.

The directors of any of the Soil Foodweb labs can give the microscope courses, so if you have a Soil Foodweb lab near you, please contact them.

Otherwise, please come to SFI Oregon for a class in late May, after I get back from Mexico.

We'll do training on the little microscope in Mexico while I'm at the lab in Culiacan in about - hum, two weeks!  Pleae join us!

Please forgive me if this seems like advertising, but I was asked about this by a couple people on the list.  Is it ok that I replied on list?

Elaine Ingham
President, Soil Foodweb Inc.
SFI Corvallis, OR
SFI Port Jefferson, NY