Re: [compost_tea] Re: Re: CTTF testing requirements

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 10:00:34 -0400
I think a good use of our time on this list serve would be to define the testing needed to satisfy the USDA that compost, and compost tea, can be made without pathogen growth occurring, even if starting materials are contaminated with E. coli.

What would be the design of the testing?  Ted has started doing that work, which shows a willingness to put money where the mouth is and get things done.

SFI is working with Sottilo and colleagues on the east coast to also do the necessary testing.

Are we doing adequate testing?  Is anyone else doing any testing?  Could we join forces and reduce the cost to each party involved?

Elaine Ingham
President, Soil Foodweb Inc.
SFI Corvallis, OR
SFI Port Jefferson, NY