Re: [compost_tea] Re: Language and testing and thought (was Re: metal chelates

From: jim allAn <jallan6977_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 19:19:10 -0400
   Ted, what is H3O.  I am on lists discussing h2o2<hydrogen
peroxide> ozone which, hmmmm I think I just answered my own question.
No, ozone is h2o3.  Am I right?  Another chemical term I am curious
about is MgO.  I think it is magnesium oxide, correct?

On 6 May 2004 at 13:44, Ted Peterson wrote:

> I have not spoken with Sam Farr. > > The brewing nomenclature is a
tough one.  One of the wineries I work > with has an on-site beer
operation called Firestone.  We talked about > the differences in
brewing beer and the tea.  > > Here is where I think there are
similarities.  > > Both use water then add things to the water to get
an end result. > > Both use heat.  Beer is heated.  Some people heat
compost tea but > there is biological heat anytime there's conversion
like feeding.  It > might be microscopically small but there are
devices than can measure > it.  > > Both have a time factor.  > >
Both use bacterial actions as part of the process.  > > Both use
simple sugars. > > Both are in a barrel.  (Well it's trivial but it's
a point.) > > Both regulate O2.  > > Seems like brewing to me. > > >
AACT, ACT. . . Well we have Aerobic/anaerobic so ACT could mean
Anaerobic Compost Tea which is something that can be used in specific
circumstances.  Then we have aerated compost tea which is what most
people think of as compost tea.  But aerated compost tea can be
something like aerating the water before use then filtering it
through compost.  This is different than active aeration.  I actually
made a device to get more air into water than simple aeration.  It
was based on work done on water sent up with astronauts and part of
the process of recycling water in the space station.  (By the way,
all NASA research is PD so you can search the GPO and find references
to all kinds of neato stuff built on public money that could have far
ranching applications in what we are doing.)  The idea was to get a
light water as opposed to a heavy water.  Anyway, I built this device
then tested with my DO in a 5G bucket.  You know the thing may be
working.  I am unsure yet and I don't know how long the effect lasts.
Maybe Elaine has done some research on keeping O2 in water longer.
Anyway, according to my DO meter and the water I used, I got the
saturation up and it lasted a lot longer than the rise I get using
just aeration.  In both experiments I did, I had an aerator which was
a fish pond stone (6" long) and a bigger pump like for a 50G tank.
Then I had my device hooked up to another very small pump like for a
2 G aquarium.  The way the device works, it has to float on the
surface then something else must move the water around to
redistribute it in the tank.  There's more O2 in the water near the
surface and it gets lower as you go deeper. > > Anyway, it looked
like it's working and I am brewing tea with it.  Another experiment I
want to try is to use H30.  This is supposed to do something to the
way cells absorb everything but I am really foggy about the concept
and what it means.  You can buy the stuff at health food stores and
body builders say it helps with endurance.  I just have no idea until
I see how it works.  > > By the way, I still have some promises for
designs I have to fulfill and I will get to them.  I'm knocking one
after the other off as quickly as I can.  It's just that my business
is starting to do really well.  > > Ted  Peterson > EW/SOE >   -----
Original Message ----- >   From: Kirk Leonard >   To: Compost Tea
Group >   Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2004 12:39 PM >   Subject:
[compost_tea] Re: Language and testing and thought (was Re: metal
chelates > > >   Ted -- Appreciate your posts last couple days.
Thanks for the tutorial on >   calculating park irrigation volumes,
too.  Good info.  Have you spoken with >   Sam Farr? > >   what
"making tea" is all about, not brewing as in what witches >   do
(mind you I love witches) or what Anheuser-Busch and Heineken do. >
Brewing implies both fermentation and heating, neither of which
figure >   similarly in making ACT.  It's misleading and distracting.

Yahoo! Groups Links