Re: [compost_tea] Web of Life

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 23:07:52 -0400
Ted -

Any clue on where to obtain the "Web of Life" by John Storer?

I'm sure you have read Sir Albert Howard's book on compost, and Lady Eve Balforth's books on soil and compost.  They prett ymuch knew, without the solid scientific data, what I talk about.  Steiner and Pfeiffer had a really good idea that the critters were there, they just couldn't count them the way the microscopes we have allow us to do.

If you do some reading in the scientific literature in the 1930's, you can see that the work I have continued, which grew out of David Coleman and Don Klein's programs at Colorado State University, was being done in the 1920's and 1930's.  And then fertilizers and pesticides happened, and within four to five years, all funding for work looking at biology in soil stopped.

The last 50 to 60 years will be regarded as a horrible, odd, insane time in the annuals of human history.  The time during which humans did their best to make sure humanity would not survive.  Scary part is, we aren't really out of the woods yet.  Global climate change is happening, but our government is still ignoring the fact.

Oh well, there are some things you just can't allow yourself to think about too much.  We all just do what we can, when we can, and hope for the best.
--
Elaine Ingham
President, Soil Foodweb Inc.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor