[compost_tea] Brewer types

From: Mike Benton <compost_at_mweb.co.za>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 11:23:23 +0200
Last one for now :]
There are a couple of different types of brewers out there .Some pump water
and some pump air to move the water. Some have chambers ala Bobs type of
machine and some use diffusers ala my machine and Compara as well .Are the
different manufacturers willing to describe the type of system they are
using? I think it would be interesting to see the differences between the
machines and I think this fits in with the Best buy question.
Bagged or not?
Conical tank or flat ?Pumping air or water? Why any one would still pump air
is beyond me but Hey it takes all types.
Flat plate diffusers or tube ?
amount of air to water volume ?
Type of air source?
Sizes in range of machines that you supply?
Cost of the unit?
I cant ask this with out giving my details and if this sounds like an advert
well it is Sunday over here already....
My market is commercial growers so at present I only offer 1200 and 2500
liter machines as standard but I will make any size if requested.
I pump air at about around double the volume of air to water per minute
using something called a Lateral channel blower,which I believe is also
known as a regenerative blower.
I use tube diffusers   in a flat  bottomed tank.
At present the compost is free in the water.
A good question is what does the tea cost per liter ? Using my recipes
,typically the cost is less than two US cents per liter  excluding the cost
of the machine.
Cost between two and three thousand dollars US depending on options and the
rate of exchange.
Any other questions that you can think to add to these would be interesting.
And if you built it yourself let us know maybe someone else will ask you to
build one for them too.

Regards
Mike Benton
Compost Technologies
mike_at_composttea.co.za      mobile 0823345371

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links