Re: [compost_tea] Snails Day 4

From: Jeff Lowenfels <jeff_at_gardener.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 08:16:11 -0800

Margaret,

The white fungal growth should be In and around your compost. It should be=
 long, white strands unless water has dripped on it in which case it turns =
brownish. I call the stuff, Santa's beard. The whole chunk of compost shou=
ld 'stick together'....mine always feel like sponges when done and hold the=
 shape of the container. These are mycelium....thousands of hyphae that hav=
e come together....

Jeff
Plant a row in your garden to feed the Hungry. Ask me about PAR and I will =
tell you how.