[compost_tea] KELP/,MOLASSAS

From: Jeff Lowenfels <jeff_at_gardener.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 17:42:10 -0800

Relative to a comment that I mentioned no Kelp should be used if you want b=
acterial tea...now I know what the reference was to, and YES, it is my prac=
tice to make bacterial teas without kelp. However, these are for soil drenc=
hes for places where I am actually trying to get high bacterial soils and d=
on't care about fungi.

I think it is important to point out to folks who are new to making tea tha=
t you have to have some fungi if in order to get good leaf "protection." I=
n that case, I would use kelp, kelp flour, humic acid or Fish h etc.

Hope this clarifies any confusion.

Jeff

Plant a row in your garden to feed the Hungry. Ask me about PAR and I will =
tell you how.