[compost_tea] Re: Sanctimonious Harvard boys...

From: annwhalin <awhalin_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 05:20:30 -0000
Jeff,

Isn't it time for the Compost Tea list to adopt a no-flame policy
(like the majority of listservs, by the way)? I nominate 'Linda' aka
'wormwomantwo' as the next to be dropped from the list for flaming.
There really should be no place on this list for behavior like that of
'wormwomantwo' and whoever posed as Tom Jasz several weeks back.

This list has such potential to be a cutting-edge forum for the
serious discussion of compost tea, open to home gardeners and
professionals alike! What I see here instead is often a bunch of
grader-schoolers tossing spitballs at each other. And in the case of
'wormwomantwo', 'hi_yield' and the like, I would say a lot worse than
spitballs.

A discussion list (especially one as large as this one) needs to have
a posted mission statement, policies and guidelines for participation,
and those guidelines need to be enforced! [Take a look at
Arkansas_Organic_Gardening-Farming for a good example of this.]
Otherwise the bandwidth is taken up by damaged people who really are
not here to learn about compost tea, but instead are using the forum
for some kind of twisted personal gratification. And driving solid
contributors like Chris Reid off the list.

Let's put the grown-ups back in charge of this list.

Ann Whalin
Out of lurking

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, chuck whelan <chazfw@y...> wrote:
> Linda
> please give it a rest -- & by all means, try & get a life
>
> Linda <wormwomantwo_at_y...> wrote:
> God forbid anyone challenge here....you'll lose the ability to
reply!

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links