Re: [compost_tea] New to group

From: Ted Peterson <ted.peterson_at_tcsn.net>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 10:53:34 -0700
You are making compost tea.  It works.  However, you are limited but the
food available in the compost and the O2 in the water.  What most are doing
on this list is putting compost in water then adding an additional source of
air and some nutreints such as fish emulsion, kelp, fertilizers and other
additives to exaggerate the growth of the microbes help extract fungi from
your compost.  That is all there is too it.  Most of the problems seem to
come with application, properties and uses of tea.  We are all still
experimenting with composts, nutrients, brewer types and metholologies to
make the best tea.  In addition, several are involved with a process that
will, possible, get Compost Tea certified for organic use.

So, what you are doing is great, it works and if you are getting results you
like, perfect.  If you want to experiment with expanding the benefits you
are already getting, pick up the Compost Tea Brewing manual at

www.soilfoodweb.com

or you can check out my web site at:

www.earth-wise.com

I have a bunch of recipes from simple to complex.  You can build a home
brewer or you can purchase one.  If you like experimenting, I would suggest
you build your own.  If you want some verbal plans, email me. Brewing is
simple and fun.  If you follow proven recipes and methods, you do not have
to test because you will be producing good tea within the limits of your
compost.  If you want to really get into the experimentation thing or want
to find out how good your tea is, you should test.  There are a couple of
places but you might just as well got to the source which is SFI.  That is
the same place as you get the brewing manual.

Ted Peterson
EW/SOE