[compost_tea] Re: Compost tea at Am. Phytopathology meetings

From: dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 00:10:02 -0000
--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "Steve Diver" <steved@n...= > wrote:
> There are two talks on compost teas at the American
> Phytopathological Society meetings in August.
>
> Steve Scheuerell is talking in the Food Safety
> session.
>
> Steve Diver is talking in the Organic Foods session.
>
> You might find it interesting that APS has designated
> Tuesday as a special focus on Sustainable Agriculture.
> Regional practitioners (i.e., farmers & gardeners) and
> consultants are invited to attend this one-day special
> event.
>
> I'm looking forward to sharing my slides and learning
> new ideas and trends. Look me up and say hello if you are
> in attendance.
>
> Steve Diver
>
> P.S.  I'm giving a 3-hour workshop on Soil Biology and
> Humus Management at Small Farm Today conference in
> Missouri, November 4-6.

<><>><><<><I wonder if the food safety fol= ks at the Institute of Food
Technology(or ists whichever it is) have invited him to the IFT
activities,conventions,etc. IFT folks and their conventions never
impressed me much though.  I belonged when fresh out of the land
grant institution. They have high dollar meals that taste mostly like
rubber at their conventions.
             I'= ll see you in MO, Steve.  That is one place I can get
to and it's scheduled when some of the farm work is done. They have a
much better conference than IFT's conventions.  Maybe some more ACT lecturers could get there!!  Dennis Kemnitz

> See:
>
> APS 2004 Annual Meeting
> July 31 – August 4, 2004
> Anaheim, California
> http://www.apsnet.org= /meetings/2004/
>

> 1.
>
> Food Safety as Influenced by Phyllosphere Microflora
> Tuesday, August 3
>
> Sponsoring Committee: Phyllosphere Microbiology
> Organizer: Walter Mahaffee, USDA-ARS, Corvallis, OR
>
> This symposium will focus on the role of preharvest microflora on
> the establishment of human pathogens and subsequent food safety
> risks. Individual speakers will address factors that influence
> establishment and persistence of human pathogens on fruit and
> edible foliage from preharest through processing and storage.
>
> Putting science to work: Separating the possible from the
plausible.