Re: [compost_tea] Lime in compost

From: paul trans <pde3779_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 02:18:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Elaine,

Unfortunately, I’m still a little confused. Let’s say
you are going to put 267 pounds of composted lime on
the field. Why would you put 267 pounds in half a ton
but 133 pounds in one ton if you are going to put
either the full half ton or the full ton out? Why not
267 pounds in either?

I’m thinking that there must be an upper limit as to
how much lime you can put in compost before the lime
overwhelms the biology and isn’t metabolized or
sequestered effectively. The ratio in the half ton is
4 times that of the ton. Or does the 133 pounds go
with the half ton and the 267 go out with the ton?

And when you say this works what exactly do you mean?
Will it satisfy 1, harsh-extractant test, 2, Albrecht,
3, Reams or simply the plants?

Thanks again for any light you can shed on this.

Paul.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/0PSxlB/TM