Re: [compost_tea] Brix response

From: Lois Yoshida <loisyoshida_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 18:50:45 -0400 (EDT)

>From the context of the messages, I've been trying to figure out what Brix is, but have not yet done so. Would someone please give a brief explanation?

Thanks.

Lois

Matt Leamy <sharku_at_paradise.net.nz> wrote:
Hi Lloyd

I have a refractometer and have been making general observations with it. Can you detail for us your methodology for measuring brix response to a specific input?

Cheers Matt Leamy
                Why make life difficult? This is sooooo simple, If your tea stinks - dont put it out! , if you get a negative brix response - dont put it out! If your tea smells nice and gives a positive brix response it is doing good, and you can use it as a foliar.
Of course there are some on the list that dont believe in the worth of brix testing, so they get to do things the hard way.
Cheers
Lloyd Charles

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT