RE: [compost_tea] Mesh size

From: Judi Stewart <js_at_olympus.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 01:59:09 -0700
I've screened compost tea with two very inexpensive tools...

-A plastic pool skimmer with a handle and no pole purchased from the
hardware store.

-Fiberglass screen material. I cut out a circle of screening and stuck
it in a big funnel. The funnel's narrow end sits in the sprayer tank. I
use the compost tea tank's valve to control the flow and poured the tea
from the tank through the hose into the mesh-lined funnel.  It was very
simple. The fiberglass screen caught a few pieces of woody material. The
screen material can be cut and stitched but I didn't bother because it
posed no problem. I sprayed with no incidents and never plugged up the
spray tank.

Judi

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here