[compost_tea] Bad ACT 2

From: Lois Yoshida <loisyoshida_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 16:56:36 -0400 (EDT)

Boy, do I have some work to do with my tea!

Here's another observation I've had with regards to using tea (remember, I'm new to the game): I was growing peas in one of my beds and had done three applications of compost tea to half of the bed over the span of a month. The peas did great, although I didn't notice any difference between the peas that had tea and those that had none. However, when the peas were finished producing, I pulled them up and planted kale, carrots, beets, radishes. I've applied no tea, but, the seeds that were planted on the half of the bed that had tea previously are not sprouting, while the others are.

I heard that if compost is not mature enough, it may act as a sprouting inhibitor. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks.

Lois