[compost_tea] Re: Re: Re: USNOP Example

From: Kirk Leonard <kirk_at_oregonatural.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 08:32:35 -0700
Dave -- I'll stop, too, at least for now, and here.  I was recently elected
to ICTC board and they are interested in the idea of a "bad compost tea
test," so some discussion will likely happen there.

Appreciate your insights and opinions, and yes, it was the semantics of
"sabotage" that tweaked me at first, but I understand what you mean now, as
in breaking the process. And there are more than two variables, yes, but the
impacts of the machine and the compost are greatest, especially the compost.
Doc E and others have said there is pathogen-free compost, and I think it
may be true of Alaska Humus, too.  But I agree with you that compost
normally has some pathogens in it, which can be managed -- biology does it
every day, hmm?

Interesting point Lloyd makes (Dave C's, too) -- Indeed, as I understand it,
NOP is using food safety as the issue here, even though they say theirs is
not a food safety program.  They get a little testy about that, actually, so
they are treating compost tea differently from everything else they do.
Classic case of "white man speaks with forked tongue" it seems.

Will contact you off-list on Intel, but in their defense, there are a few
people who do know reliability there... spent some time working with Joint
Army Navy, hi-rel stuff while I was there.

Everybody be well.  I'll get back on this after some ICTC discussions.

-- Kirk

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links