[compost_tea] US Composting Council WASRe: Thermophilic stage of composting

From: dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 00:08:44 -0000
---I been perusing USCC listserv as it's pretty interesting. I wonder
if a composting business can be profitable or it's another  taxpayer
subsidized activity. Their next convention is in January a time when
North American composters could have  time to attend. Registration is
a bit pricey so those involved must have positive cash flow. It is
exciting to see somebody in the midwest besides me interested in
composting. They apparently have a few sponsors, as in donations for
the cause(none from Kansas). I'm currently trying to get a 50+ year
old machine functioning as a raw material harvester for compost. As
usual it seems the harvest is ready and my machine is not. Anyone
here been to USCC's convention? They have compost tea on the agenda
this year. Where can I get a long stem thermometer to monitor meso
and thermo conditions? Thanx. Dennis Kemnitz

In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, Bat Tzion <btbenj@n...> wrote:
> David,
> You may want to ask the experts who are on the USCC listserv. (US
Composting
> Council).
> They have answered me thoroughly and politely in the past, even
though they
> are pros and I am an amateur.
> best
> Betsy Benjaminson