[compost_tea] botrytis & CT

From: Anthony Quinlan <boofq_at_wn.com.au>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 14:04:07 +0800

Hi all,

just gearing up for the coming spring and arranging ct programmes. At a rec=
ent viticultural conference a lady spoke about botrytis control in vineyard=
s. She has been studying it for 30 years. As we have known for some time no=
w that botrycides do not work, even though people continue to spray, she ba=
sically said that it is perhaps the best idea to encourage the native micro=
flora in the phyllosphere -how surprising. She didn't have any mention for =
ct in particular, but not many academics even know about it anyway!!

My question I suppose is directed at Elaine as I know you have been dealing=
 with this issue, but anyone else who has had experience please input your =
thoughts. I am just trying to plan the most timely applications into the ph=
yllosphere, for not only Botrytis but also PM and nutrition hits.

my current thoughts are:
First application at 50l/Ha post initial sulphur spray to control bud mites
two more at 21 day intervals
one more at pre bunch closure

Also what is the latest on spreaders/stickers

cheers
Anthony