Re: [compost_tea] soil chemistry facts

From: Thomas Giannou <thomas_at_tandjenterprises.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 18:02:42 -0700

Elaine,

The thing that's perplexing to me is how are you going to tell where the pl=
ant nutrients are coming from? They may be in the soil in bound up form, b=
ut when you feed the microbes, how are you going to distinguish between the=
 nutrients in the soil from the nutrients in the food you are putting down =
to sustain the soil life? In other words, how are you going to tie nutrien=
ts in the plant to those that only come out of the soil and not out of the =
compost you are putting down to feed the microbes?

--Thomas Giannou
http://www.tandjenterprises.com