Re: [compost_tea] newbie intro and question

From: Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 10:00:27 -0700 (PDT)

Bill, you are misleading Smitty, You are suggesting a process that generates anarobic conditions, anarobic tea. Continueing supply of air applied to give suitble circulation, extraction and aeration are essential to the product Dr Elaine's research and this List subect is based on, AEROBIC COMPOST TEA is very different. Air is essential. As for comfrey and weed tea - it's not COMPOST tea and has different properties, untested value. True COMPOST has important benefits that are extracted by a brewer to Aerated Compost TEA. Elaine's many years devoted to scienctific research was for valid reasons. It's not difficult to do it right, Smitty. & George & Guth Bob .

Bill George <wbgeorge_at_verizon.net> wrote:
Hello and welcome Smitty - Compost tea is as simple as a 5 gallon bucket
of water with a scoop of compost. Let it rest for the afternoon. Ouila!
Compost tea. Dip it out on to your plants in good health. All the other
things are enhancements, optimizations, and refinements of the basic
process of letting water leach nutrients from decomposing material. Start
with the basics, work towards the sophistications. Gain an appreciation of
how simple it is to feed your garden with what you have on hand. The rest
will come with time and money.

And yes, this works with comfrey and weeds though I generally let those
stand for several days before use.

Enjoy!

Bill

--