RE: [compost_tea] more on soil chemistry facts

From: John Cowan <vivax_at_northlink.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 12:57:47 -0700
Elaine,

In regard to nitrogen fixation, you said:

There is evidence.  Please check through the microbiological literature.  I
know I've read some of these papers - they would be in Applied and
Environmental Microbiology.  The last one I recall reading would have been
in 2002 or so......

I'll see if I can find the reference, but I am not going to hold out any
hope.  A touch busy......

I would love to find this article. I found AEM site and searched through
2002 issues with no luck. Can you give me a few clues as to some key words
that might be in the article. Were they talking about a forest soil
ecosystem, for instance? I don't expect you to find this for me. I can look
at other years, too, if I have more to go on.

Fred Wood pasted away two weeks ago after a sudden decline with cancer. He
was a good friend of mine-very generous and helpful. Arden Anderson gave one
of the eulogies. Just thought that you might want to know.

John Cowan
Verde Valley Agri-Lab
Sedona, Arizona 86336
ph: 928-300-8824