Re: [compost_tea] newbie intro and question

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 01:23:59 EDT

Hi Lynton -

The small microscope I talked about, with the ABBE condensor only doesn't
work as well for compost or soil, as we can have dormant stages in compost and
soil that aren't picked up by these microscopes, but would come through with the
FDA staining we do with the DIC - epi-fluorescence scopes.

But you can still get an idea of GREAT compost, or soil - you'd see the
organisms. But you might rank something as not-adequate biology, when in fact it
could be ok, using the small microscopes.

OK?

Elaine