[compost_tea] Capability of sprayers WAS::::Re: Spraying methods - electro static sprayer

From: dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 04:35:37 -0000
--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, Robert Norsen <bnbrew@y...>
wrote:
> I would suggest that you dew it Dennis cuz yew have the lab.
Herez how.  You start with two or more pans of sterile water with
just enough molasses in it to keep em happy.  you cover one pan and
spray with the lectircity OFF. Then you cover that pan and open the
other, spray with the lectricity ON.  Then you use the micorscope

HOWWWW do I use it?????We need a test method. Like stain used,etc. I
think it'll take epifluorescence and a stain to differentiate viable
bugs.  just my guess and memory of something.  Gotta go run Vit b1
and b2.  be back shortly .. Dennis

and compare the results.   To make sure you repeat the experiment
several times and with identical brews at nearly the same time and
all such rules to get an scienificlly exact comparrison.  In the
water the bugs should be alive and wigglin.
> If there is a difference how much?   Should tell whether the
lecticity shocked em.
> Any better test plan?   don't see how you can measure the ctivity
of the bugs on foliage,        Bob

> dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_y...> wrote:
> ---Hello Ken and Bob: How are you going to determine viability of
> those critters under the scope? You might see a few in there with
> tails but many(tails and/or critters) probably won't move. Seems
> like it will take some specialized preparation using other than
> direct microscopy.
> Dennis Kemnitz in KS
>

> In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "t3rcattle" wrote:
> > Bob,
> >
> > Yes, there is better coverage of all surfaces. And the water
> pressure
> > is about 20 pounds.
> >
> > I am not sure about microbe survival. Since I have a microscope
> now,
> > I will use it to test how well the microbes survive after going
> thru
> > the sprayer. I will do a test next week and let you know what I
> find.
> >
> > Ken
> >

> > --- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, Robert Norsen
> wrote:
> > > Very interesting. Can you tell us more about the effects? Less
> > overspray? Better coverage top and bottom of leaves, stems and
> > branches evenly covered? Microbe survival? It would seem that
> the
> > process would be better for the microbes. Larger nozzel at low
> > pressure, ACT lofted into foliage by air. slight charge takes
the
> mist
> > to a surface rather than letting it drift away. Or am I
> overstating
> > the advantages? Bob
> > >

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor