[compost_tea] Correction:::::::::::;WAS:Capability of sprayers WAS::::Re: Spraying sprayer

From: dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 07:04:08 -0000
---I been thinking about all those critters I saw on the sample I
spoke about in the message below and it (finally) occured to me I
didn't have an ACT sample at all. What I had was ACT which had been
in a bucket roughly 24 hours. So it had obviously gone anaerobic.
It sure was a neat slide though watching all those short fat rods
cruisin' all around and the protozoa (I'm thinkin' again) cruisin'
around gobblin' up something. Sorry for the false info. regarding
ACT. That explains to some extent why I responded regarding the
handling of ACT.
                                          Dennis Kemnitz

In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "dkemnitz2000" <dkemnitz2000@y...>
wrote:
> ---Finally got it all together, ACT sample (what I have left from
> the major spill on the floorboard on the way to the lab, I thot I
> could get here w/o a lid)and scope(X300,X75 and X150). [The bigger
> stuff that was on top of the jar are in the carpet webbing now.]
> Looks like the donkey kong cruisin' around at 75X magnification.
and
> some eggs rollin' around too.  and minute critters(dots) rollin'
> around.  now let's look at X300.See slender rods there. some
movin',
> some not.My eyepieces are too dirty to use. any idea how to clean
> them? water and air?  Gotta  find the manual next. Thanks
> Judi.        Dennis
>

>  In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "Judi Stewart" <js@o...> wrote:
> > In my scope, you can count the nematodes.  Please look at the
> critters
> > in your compost under the scope and then you'll understand.
> > What I find amazing is the world of activity in just one little
> drop.
> >
> > Judi
> >

> > ---Judi can you count them in one field or do you count
several?
> > And can you then enumerate per ml. or by the drop?  I haven't
> gotten
> > that far yet (with the scope). Tomorrow I'm gearing up to spray
> ACT
> > on wheat ground prior to planting (and the rain which is
supposed
> > come next Tu). Gotta start the brew sometime tomorrow.I've
> > been "trying" to look at the critters in my compost for the last
> > month and haven't gotten it done. Thanks.   Dennis
> >

> >  In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "Judi Stewart" <js@o...> wrote:
> > > Dennis, I see the critters' movement in each drop, whether it's
> > > compost tea or compost shaken (not stirred)
> > > with water.  It's easy to lose sight of the nematodes in a
field
> at
> > > the highest power as their movement is so rapid.
> > >
> > > Judi
> > >

> > > ---Hello Ken and Bob: How are you going to determine viability
> of
> > > those critters under the scope?  You might see a few in there
> with
> > > tails but many(tails and/or critters) probably won't move.
Seems
> > > like it will take some specialized preparation using other
than
> > > direct microscopy.
> > > Dennis Kemnitz in KS
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Links