[compost_tea] Re: Re: SFI Workshops in Texas - Tea-Off

From: Kirk Leonard <kirk_at_oregonatural.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 08:14:07 -0700
This is great, Steve.  Something I'd hope might be collected is information
on everyone's recipes, too, so all of us can benefit by getting some more
insight into that.  I know this can be an issue with folks who want to keep
their secrets, but it's a public event, hmm?  If they had to keep it secret,
I guess they wouldn't enter...  Process logs would also be nice...  Whatever
additional info that doesn't detract from the fun will be good.

Back when a tea-off first came up, I thought Wow, that could be a great leap
forward and still do.  I look forward to hearing how it goes, with as much
info as possible.

Best of luck with the event.  I want to remember it's Oct 19-20 in Austin
per your 9/22 post, right?

Kirk

> From: "Steve Bridges" <steve_at_texasgrown.com>
> Subject: Re: Re: SFI Workshops in Texas
>
> Hi Dennis,
There is a fee, $225, to attend the ACT Workshop. There is not a fee to
enter the Texas Tea-Off. Once you have paid for the workshop, and if you
wish to compete in the Tea-Off, then you'll get an entry form. Fill that
out, send it back and you're entered.

> We will provide SFI tested compost for all contestants to use. You may use
as much compost as you wish. Betsy Ross will be bringing water from her
well. So we provide the good compost and clean water. You may then use any
other ingredient, in any amount, that you wish to use. The Tea-Off tests
both the brewer and the skill of the brewer at adding the foods to grow/feed
what is in the compost. And yes, brew time will be about 24 hours.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links