Re: [compost_tea] Soil app: sprayers

From: Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 20:12:54 -0700 (PDT)

Mike asked about a spray tip that blasts a jet against an angle to cauze a flat fan spray pattern. what I am suggesting may already be in that tip. Is it Mike?

Reminds me of Elaines lecture about "don't blast the varments hard against a surface cuz it ruins their whole day." Blast against a smooth angular surface? Maybe not so bad. What would happen if the nozzle SLIDE smoothly out along a parrallel surface that curved to the same angle and thus had the same effect but did it without the violent impact on the bugs. You could make such a spray tip or possibley find one aleady made. or your supplier might understand the objective and develop a special nozzle for the rapidly expanding Organics need in agriculture! Need a picture?

How about this one - You are diving into the shallow end of the pool. Straight down onto the slopiing end of the pool. Hurts!! Now think of going down the slippery slide into the pool. Kinda more fun? Bob

msnow_at_valley.net wrote:

Hello again,

Any comments on using a Gilmour 20 Gallon Lawn Sprayer for soil applications? The water comes out at a high rate (know this number?), hitting an angled piece of plastic to make a fan.

Mike Snow

Yahoo! Groups Links