Re: [compost_tea] Soil app: sprayers

From: Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 22:40:57 -0700 (PDT)

I don't know of a garden hose nozzle that produces a flat fan pattern. A smooth "firehose garden hose nozzle would be the first part of a smooth transition to a flat fan pattern. If flat pattern is desired. You can get a flat pattern with a "T" nozzle that may offer equally gentle action in the nozzle. A "T" nozzle is a round outlet with a vee cut across the open hole. Forms an airless flat pattern. Bob

Andres Yver <yver_at_entelchile.net> wrote:
On Friday, October 1, 2004, at 11:12 PM, Robert Norsen wrote:

> Mike asked about a spray tip that blasts a jet against an angle to
> cauze a flat fan spray pattern. what I am suggesting may already be
> in that tip. Is it Mike?
>
> Reminds me of Elaines lecture about "don't blast the varments hard
> against a surface cuz it ruins their whole day." Blast against a
> smooth angular surface? Maybe not so bad. What would happen if the
> nozzle SLIDE smoothly out along a parrallel surface that curved to the
> same angle and thus had the same effect but did it without the violent
> impact on the bugs. You could make such a spray tip or possibley
> find one aleady made. or your supplier might understand the objective
> and develop a special nozzle for the rapidly expanding Organics need
> in agriculture! Need a picture?
>
> How about this one - You are diving into the shallow end of the
> pool. Straight down onto the slopiing end of the pool. Hurts!! Now
> think of going down the slippery slide into the pool. Kinda more
> fun? Bob

Doesn't any old brass garden hose nozzle do this?
The center piece is flared, providing a ramp or slide, and the outer
screw thread shell varies the nozzle gap, which adjusts pressure and
spray pattern.

andres

Yahoo! Groups Links