[compost_tea] Re: Compost teas in tree fruit production

From: dakesian1 <dakesian_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 11:22:59 -0000

I don't have any data because I'm a backyard gardener.

I've been using compost tea for 3 years on apple, pear, peach and
plum trees.  I've had no disease problems and stopped using Captan.
The compost tea did nothing to reduce the dreaded plum curculio pest
we here in Michigan.

Also, the ACT appears to provide some organic food for the trees.

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "Steve Diver" <steved@n...>
wrote:

> Anybody have research data or case studies on use of
> compost teas in tree fruit production?
>
> Compost tea infuence on growth, yield, and
> disease control would be of special interest.
>
> Steve Diver

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links