Re: [compost_tea] New Member checking in...

From: Andres Yver <yver_at_entelchile.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 09:05:30 -0300
On Monday, October 11, 2004, at 05:29 AM, Mike Barnett wrote:
<snip>
> After a hurricane, especially as my environmental awareness is
> heightened,
> it is painful to look around. Here in Jamaica, we were not as hard hit
> by
> flooding as Haiti, but I would like to start thinking about issues like
> erosion, and how to prevent this, as well as what to do to prevent the
> removal of organic matter from hillsides and forests and fields.
>
> <snip>

Vetiver grass is a great erosion control plant. It's roots 'drill'
straight down into soil and hold firm. It grows fast and is
non-invasive.
It's mulch is useful for suppressing phytophtora fungus. It's
anti-fungal properties might make it a bad choice for ACT.
Time to get a microscope!

I've seen some old Leica stereo-scopes on E-b*y for about $200, 10X
eyepiece, up to 100X objective. Worthwhile?

Andres

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links