[compost_tea] Re: EM additions

From: Titel Ryzhomer <thegoodjob_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 19:35:43 -0000

Hello Mike Benton,

Long time no hear. I actually am aware of the story with Ray fungi
etc. That at first it was thought to belong to the fungi family and
all that jazz. I was just a little put off that it was listed twice
as included in (B)EM (SCD's product) just to make the list longer.
Also, a year ago I made a point of phoning EMRO in Arizona (?) and
asked specifically if actinomycetes were included in North American
EM and was given a definite no. I don't know if things have changed
since or there is something I don't see or if there are organisms
which are not officially listed. At the same time I asked if there
were any beneficial fungi included and was told no.

Best Regards to you on the other side of the big pond.
Titel

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "Mike Benton" <compost@m...>
wrote:
> Hi Mike.I seem to recall that the 2002 Nature farming or EM
congress was
> held in Aus.I had a fire in the office and lost a lot of my old EM
> paperwork, so I am unable to give you any contacts just
now.Instead I did a
> quick google search for " Effective Microorganisms" and had a few
thousand
> hits.By searching within results there were many references to Oz
and NZ.
> You could also search APNAN which is the asia / pacific network
for EM.
> In the early leachate machines we used to use EM just in case and
some times
> I think that the EM did more good that the leachate.I stopped
using EM in
> ACT about three years back as Dr E felt that there might be a
negative
> effect from the Actino-bacteria, and any way I have very high
aeration rates
> on my machines these days. But research waits for no-one and if it
seems
> that EM will improve my teas then ,I will only be too happy to put
it back
> in.
> BTW Titel I saw your question about ray fungi on the EM ag list
and thought
> that I can clear up the confusion.Ray fungi or actino-mycetes is
now called
> actino- bacteria. Seems to be a bacteria that thinks it is a
fungi.....Hence
> the confusion.
> And lastly for Mike again, just to make things more intersting I
have made
> yogurt with EM and that was different from normal yogurt.And bread
and beer
> Regards from a very sunny South Africa
> Regards
> Mike Benton