Re: [compost_tea] Re: fungal tea, vineyards and mildew

From: Ted Peterson <ted.peterson_at_tcsn.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 15:42:34 -0700

Yes, you need to correct your employee. I have written about this before. =
 I think his name was Michael but I may be wrong. As I said, I posted this=
 before and mentioned that while it might be necessary, was financially not=
 feasible for a large vinyard. I will look for the series of emails I send=
 had were sent to me. The conversation I had was on the phone and I did no=
t mis-hear. I asked him several times because I couldn't believe that SFI =
would recommend something that radical. However, even once a week could be=
 a problem because unless the tea is being applied through an injection sys=
tem and during irrigation, soil compaction from the tractor might do more d=
amage than just spraying with a fungicide. Notice that I quoted, in a diff=
erent email, the Rodale recommendations for organic treatment and they reco=
mmend spraying with a fungicide up to once a week to combat mildew in high =
pressure years.

Ted Peterson
EW/SOE