Re: [compost_tea] detrimentals not beneficials

From: butch ragland <wilddog_202_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 19:09:01 -0700 (PDT)
I knew about the alcohol resulting from anaerobic
brewing but understood the proof (i guess) was so low
as to not be good for most plants but not a killer
like say roundup.

But I am talking about a whole new paradigm of brewing
for the express purpose of creating something specific
to problem plants. Controlling certain plants, while
varied by crop, is a worthwhile goal.

The goal and energies of most on this forum is so
focused on beneficial ACT that if there is any merit
to my question then maybe others would need to pursue
that direction.

Many have made a problem brew which led to a problem
result. This is knowledge also, is anything worthwhile
laying around in that body of knowledge.

--- Jeff Lowenfels <jeff_at_gardener.com> wrote:

> Butch, to my knowledge, Aerated Compost Teas do not
> kill plants! They
> feed the microbes that feed the plants.
>
> However, it would make sense that an anaerobic
'brew'
> could produce
> enough alcohol to kill roots.

=====