[compost_tea] Fish: wasRe: OMRI and Gem

From: tomjasz <tom_at_livesoil.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 15:03:20 -0000

I am often envious of those that are able to use fish in Ag.
Unfortunately the smell does repel tourists. Mark, my Biorational
Lead Gardener, was out spraying tea with 1 cup in 500 gallons, a
group of tourists walked by and were heard remarking, "they even
spray the place to smell like the ocean".

Many of the curative mixtures that are recommended by sustainable Ag
advisors include as much as 1 gallon of straight fish per specimen
tree. In offsite tests we saw huge improvements. Can you imagine
how "ocean" it would smell if we used 1 gallon per tree on 600 tr= ees
on 15 acres!

Curiously there doesn't seem to be a product as effective as the
complex makeup of Gem and some other fish products seem to have.

BTW, Gem DEFINITELY doesn't repel the neighbor's cats!

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, Jeff Young <sharkman_04101@y...> =
wrote:
> Hey, you guys are giving me a complex. I supposed repelling
tourists could be a good thing.

> Tom Jaszewski <tom_at_l...> wrote:
>
> It will definitely repel tourists on the Las Vegas strip….

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or

Get unlimited calls to

U.S./Canada

Yahoo! Groups Links