Re: [compost_tea] Re: Some Numbers and Metabolites

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 17:35:21 EST

In a message dated 11/1/2004 11:59:44 AM Pacific Standard Time,
kirkleon_at_open.org writes:
Is 20 kg compost to 10 pounds a typo? I can imagine 20 liters of compost
being 10 pounds, but 20 kg is 44 pounds last I checked... I dislike chasing
numbers but this confuses me.
One kg is less than a pound. 1 pound is the same as 2.21 kg.

Or you can multiply the number of kg you have by 0.45 to get pounds.

Aren't conversions fun? Drives me crazy. I always have to have someone
double check my math, and even then, I'm not always really positive I got it
right. But, I can check myself by thinking about hte fact that a pound is much
more than a kg, as long as you aren't changing materials.

Elaine R. Ingham
Soil Foodweb Inc., Corvallis, Oregon
Soil Foodweb Inc., Port Jefferson, New York
Soil Foodweb Institute, Lismore Australia
Soil Foodweb Institute Cambridge, New Zealand
Laboratorios de Soil Foodweb, Culiacan, Mexico
Soil Foodweb Inc., Jerome, Idaho
Soil Foodweb Inc., South Africa