[compost_tea] Re: Lacto Bacill

From: dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 00:33:12 -0000

Hello Jerry,  Farmin' is great, eh? I'm a wanna be farmer(in other
words I need to sell something from the farm at a profit). I wanted
to sell baked goods from the wheat I grow But certainly haven't
gotten that done yet.  I've got 45 acres or so of farm ground with
little time to farm it. I grew a lot of weeds last summer. In 2005 I
will be able to disc  as I got the disc fixed last month and the
tractor that pulls it now has a clutch..So I got some wheat planted
and  ACT'd which will at least keep the weeds down in
2005.              I'm replying to see how the ACT "holding" is
going as you referred to it? Are you going to apply it on planted
ground which is going to be muddy for several days? Dennis Kemnitz
in KS

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "Jerry Cunningham"
<Jerry.Cunningham_at_C...> wrote:

> First time post
> Long time reader

> I am interested in information on lacto bacilli.

> By way of introduction, I have two 275 gallon brew tanks, Bob O-
Laters. My
> mentor, friend, is Betsy Ross in ranching and ACT production, I am
an
> "E-Devotee", with informal pardons to Dr. Ingham. She taught Betsy
and Betsy
> is teaching me the arts of ranching and ACT production. I have
also been to
> two of Dr. Inghams classes. I choose to amplify on words spoken in
behalf of
> Elaine, in Austin at our Texas Tee-Off, by Steve Bridges,
president and
> prime mover of the Texas Organic Farmers and Gardners Association.
Steve
> said words to the effect that Elaine Ingham will be appreciated in
history
> as a groundbreaking figure in the furthering of knowledge,
applied, in soil
> biology and soil chemistry, proven through doing.

> This work is by is by nature, heuristic. Example: I am a Farmer. I
just got
> off my tractor, putting down winter grass seeds. Tomorrow, on top
of that
> goes my own "custom" brew. I am not going to write a paper on
this, or try
> to 'prove' that what I did is 'repeatable.' We are more artists
than
> scientists. I will know by doing, and observing, and improving;
this is the
> heuristic approach to becoming more skilled in the brewing and
application
> of Aereted Compost Tea (ACT), all that I must say, "In my humble
opinion."

> Now, I would appreciate some basics of the role of lacto bacilli
in compost
> tea and in soil and plant nutrition, if any. Lacto bacilli is
being use more
> and more widely in prepared foods, from energy-bars to crackers.

> Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.

> PS: It rained 1.5 inches overnight, and is still coming down, so I
will get
> to practice "holding" my ACT for a few days until I can get into
my pasture.

> Jerry Cunningham
> Coyote Creek Farm
> 13431 Klaus Lane