Re: [compost_tea] Warm water 'sea grasses'

From: David Anderson <squtch_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 11:40:08 -0800
I hadn't heard there was anything wrong with it? Is it dying off? The
Sargasso certainly traps more than its share of pollution, so it
wouldn't surprise me.

It certainly does the job it is supposed to do, so I just can't tell
you what might be wrong.

But I suppose you are asking why they are not recommended for use in
compost and tea. I don't think that it is so much that there is
something "wrong" with them, but that there is not as much that is
"right" about them as some of the other kelp. Did someone specifically
tell you not to use it?

You should also know that there are some major differences in plant
families under the water, just as there are on land. For one thing sea
grass is not the same as kelp. Grass is a lot more fiberous than kelp.

Dave

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 16:06:23 -0000, David Hall <dchall8_at_texas.net> wrote:

> What's wrong with the Sargasso grasses from the warm Caribbean?
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links