[compost_tea] G.S. I . Tea results, Hi everyone, Dr.e ,ted ,steve,thanks for the help

From: w.reece speas <wrspeas_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 02:40:52 -0800 (PST)

      Hi everyone hope all is well for everybody. I have been spraying my tea on my customer yards for a year now and getting some pretty good results some better than others none doing soil samples so we are doing our best at trying to figure out what they get , one customer has gone from watering everyday to just 3 sometimes 4 days a week depending on the temperatures we had this last august we only had one 3 to 5 ft area go brown but that was at the entrance to his business and it is surrounded by pavement and cement. These numbers are not nessacarily a thumbs up for GSI machine but not bad it has taken me a year and lots of test one specific adjustment to the machine and a variety of help from a lot of people in here some incouragement some not but all helpfull in the long run some differant compost this specific batch came from a supplier in the northwest just not to mention their name in here out of courtesy to them test date 10/25/04, sample # 99901 ,ABB / 292
 ,TBB /
 8,576 ,AFB / 37.0 ,TFB / 45.8 Hyphal Diameter / 3.50 all excellant , Disease suppressive fungi were extracted
      total fungal to total biomass ,0.01 good fungal level, will give good fungal coverage and inoculum into soil , active to total fungal biomass 0.81 very good fungi are mostly active and growing in tea, will make good inoculum in soil ,active to total bacterial biomass 0.03 / ok high bacterial biomass achieved , active fungal to active bacterial biomass 0.13 , good balance for most plants
         I can now say with these #'s and the letters of recommendation I have receaved from some of my commercial accounts that I feel quite comfortable with the brewer that I have and the product that we are putting out ,we are still working very hard to learn more and always improve what we are doing. I am sure there is room for improvement on these numbers and we are working very hard to do that .
         anyway I just want to say hi to everyone hope all is going well look forward to seeing and talking and learning from you all in the future ,thanks Reece , W.& W. Lawn Care / Mother Natures Compost Teas