[compost_tea] Re: Asian Rust

From: Tom Jaszewski <tom_at_livesoil.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 15:45:59 -0000

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "robhunt2" <robhunt2@y...> wrote:

> Will compost tea get rid of Asian Rust?

Compost tea will not "get rid" of any diseaese load. What we have
learned is that some "recipes" will outcompete many pathogens. Some
of us have done "inhibition assays" with BBC labs and have replicated
the lab results in the field.

As always the MOST inportant parts of the process are, quality
compost (to date tersts have shown vermicompost and AH are most
effective when combined, but this is only in our testing, and more
needs to be done), quality nutrient packs (ours come from the
manufacturer of the system we use, EPM)and a well supported and
constructed brewer.

BTW Compost Science and Utilization did and excellent article
comparing the biological makeup of compost and vermicompost, lots to
learn here too but none the less an enlightening article. Worms rule!

Regards,
Tom Jaszewski

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here