Re: [compost_tea] *bump* chlorine and chloramine removal with aquarium

From: Daniel Fury <danielfury_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 10:26:54 -0800 (PST)
heres my expeience with the whole chloromine thing.  I
purchase my tea from Alane Weber whos a certified SFI
adviser.  When I first started going to her her teas
was good, all SFI tests showed adequate levels of
organisms in her compost and tea.  She tried teh
natural methods of removing the chloromine from the
water.  THen she did an experiement whith Amquel, a
cholorimine/chlorine remover.  Her tests were so off
the charts it was amazing.  Her protozoa count was so
through the roof (first thing that caught my eye) and
all other organizms were far greater than before. From
then on she's been using Amquel to treat her water.

SHe used to try aerating with humic acid and kelp (i
dont know how long) and she was always disapointed
with her numbers.  She didnt realize how much
chlorimine was still present.

Since I have an indoor garden in pots i treat every
galon of water with Amquel.  Would there be a danger
of toxic buildup of this stuff in my soilless mix?  I
reuse all my soil.  What are some dangers with this
stuff or just things to consider?