Re: [compost_tea] RE: Water

From: Jeff Lowenfels <jeff_at_gardener.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 14:14:03 -0900
O.K. guys keep it civil.

Let me suggest those who are skeptic see if you can get this far:
Wasabi, that relative of horse radish, green powdered when consumed
with sushi, won't grow in stagnant water. If you plant it in water that
is flowing, it grows.  Voodoo? You might think of it that way. But you
could also easily acknowledge that oxygen is needed in the water and
the energy of the flow is what pulls that oxygen into the water.

And just to pull it all back, we have to have energy in our tea waters
in order to tease out the compost organisms. We apply it pumps. I had
an early machine that stirred the water.  What is the difference
between this and having the wasabi water run down hill? And a flow
form, provided it provided enough energy to strip out the compost
organisms and provide enough oxygen to keep things aerobic.

Anyhow, I think we need to pull this back to tea.

Cheers,

Jeff

Plant a Row in your garden to feed the hungry. Join Plant A Row for the
Hungry. Ask me how. www.gwaa.org/Par/index.html

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Get unlimited calls to

U.S./Canada