Re: [compost_tea] RE: Water

From: David Anderson <squtch_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 11:32:31 -0800
On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 10:41:40 -0800, Ted Peterson <ted.peterson_at_tcsn.net> wrote:
> The farther we get away from "local" inputs, the more problems we will have
> with sustainability as far as I can tell.

Glacier water IS a local input for some of us. LOL

But I know for a fact that at least one of the glacial streams on
Rainier is running a little high in sulfur, and the one on St Helens
almost certainly is right now.

I think I'll just stick with my rain water and well water. Driving a 3
hour round trip just to get fresh glacial runoff for tea, is going to
be a net loss for the environment, and my time.

It seems to me that if you have a pretty darn good brewer, pretty darn
good water, pretty darn good compost and pretty darn good additives,
you get pretty darn good compost tea.

And that for most situations (though admitedly not all) pretty darn
good CT is all you need.

It is fine to do experiments so that you know how to make better tea
when you need it, but it is rare that you actually need anything more
than pretty darn good.

Dave

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here