[compost_tea] Re: Simple is best

From: pccrozat <pccrozat_at_fastmail.fm>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 06:15:42 -0000

i would love to get alaska humus to do some testing but it is not
possible.

do you think that relying on commercial worm compost is ok, if the
quality of the compost seems to be good?

maturity seems to be an issue for act. is a C/N ratio of 12 shows a
compost that is too mature? and what would the ideal C/N be?

the other info that i have is:
humic acid 18.4%
fulvic acid 9.3%
aerobic bacterias: 20 billion per gram

thanks

Pierre

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, Jeff Lowenfels <jeff@g...> wrote:
> RIGHT ON TED. The goal is to keep it simple. Simple. Simple.
>
> As for Glacier water, it has a lot of rock "flour" in it which is
great
> for fungi to attach to...however, no amount of rock dust will help
if
> you don't have fungi in your compost. It all starts with the
compost
> and being able to extract what you have in it. The rest is just
fun
> stuff that might add a few more microbes, but won't be any better
than
> the compost you start with.
>
> Cheers,
> Jeff
> WWW.alaskahumus.com  which I think is the best you can get if you
want
> a fungal tea, bacterial tea or to innoculate your own compost
> pile/vermibox.
>

> Plant a Row in your garden to feed the hungry. Join Plant A Row
for the
> Hungry. Ask me how. www.gwaa.org/Par/index.html

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here