Re: [compost_tea] Re: protozoans before and after brewing

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 18:44:17 EST

In a message dated 12/7/2004 5:51:48 PM Pacific Standard Time,
lospilares_at_prodigy.net.mx writes:
As for the microscope results, the tea is good (>500 bct all fields,
3 protos, 1 hyfa on 20 field evaluation), but still quite bacterial.
I dont think then lack of oxygen is the problem. Would too much
movement sound like possible ? What would you think Elaine?

Javier
Movement of the tea as a possible cause of the protozoa dying off?

Hum. I wouldn't think so, but define what you mean by movement, and I might
agree, if it is really wild mixing.

Elaine R. Ingham
Soil Foodweb Inc., Corvallis, Oregon
Soil Foodweb Inc., Port Jefferson, New York
Soil Foodweb Institute, Lismore Australia
Soil Foodweb Institute Cambridge, New Zealand
Laboratorios de Soil Foodweb, Culiacan, Mexico
Soil Foodweb Inc., Jerome, Idaho
Soil Foodweb Inc., South Africa