Re: [compost_tea] Re: Mystery Organic Spray

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 13:44:06 EST

Hi Gary -

Good looking info on the types of nematodes, and human pathogens. But 1
nematode per gram of compost is not even close to exceptional with respect to
establishing nutrient cycling in the material the compost will be applied to.

Is the compost bacterial or fungal? Do you have protozoa? These are really
important to know about, in order to be able to USE the foods in the compost.
 Especially if adding this compost to soil that has been horribly hammered
by conventional ag.

The Turf Pro product is a liquid humic acid, extracted using water, no
strong acid or base, and so not denatured.

Worm compost, if fungal dominated, contains quite a bit of humic acids, as
well as fulvics. So, it is important to know what microbiology you have in
your compost.

In a message dated 1/4/2005 9:55:38 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,