[compost_tea] sudden oak death

From: garyjsd <garyjones_at_soilrestorationinc.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 05:27:25 -0000

I viewed with sadness the KPBS UCSD show on research to date on
sudden oak death.  It's caused by a new strain of fungi (species
escapes me at the moment).  It's spread apparently by transmition of
wood, soil between trees, possibly through rain containing spores
which splash between trees and the fact that it infects multiple
types of trees in the same forest.  Pretty scary.  It would seem to
be a soil borne fungi so perhaps a tea spray on stress trees might
help to prevent it.

Does anyone know if ACT's have shown any effectiveness or have been
tried against SOD?

Gary Jones
Soil Restoration Inc

Yahoo! Groups Links