Re: [compost_tea] kickers and mixers

From: Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 13:08:43 -0800 (PST)

Matt - welcome to the spikers club. Within the limits of your brewer system compost can be improved by adding oat flour or rolled oats 10%, 3 days before use of compost in brew, mix, keep warm 75 to 90F and moist ( NOT WET ) add to the tea brew. Minerals will go to your garden via the tea. Add at time of brewing, Kelp about 10% as much as compost and fish about 1/2% as much as compost, humic acid about 10% as much as compost. Molasses about 1% as much as compost. These and there are other, suggested to increase the microbe content of the ACT. These items all augment the fungi and bacterial growth during the brew and add to the value of the ACT. Protozoa may be added by separatly soaking common hay in tepid water for 2 to 4 days, use this water as part of the ACT water ONLY LIMIT - make certain that your brewer can keep O2 up in the 6 + range thruout the brew and until the ACT is applied. Have fun!
If you want some approximate amount of water and air per lb of compost with this mix I can give you parameters we have found useful Bob

Matthew Boeck <mboeckii_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

hey Gang i see that some of you 'spike' your tea, I know about
Mollases, but what other goodies do you recomend?? Minerals, Kelp,
fish powder, other?? what is the real skinny here?
- Ameteur matt

Yahoo! Groups Links