RE: [compost_tea] oxygen

From: Judi Stewart <js_at_olympus.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 06:48:36 -0800

Everything is frozen here.  I was able to scrape some soil into a small
jar with about 1/2 cup of water. Then I shook the jar. Under the
microscope
there was some bacterial activity.  Then I added a few drops of 3%
hydrogen
peroxide and stirred it.  There was just as much bacterial activity as
before but I wasn't ready for what I think were oxygen bubbles, moving,
growing, pushing, popping, multiplying... whatever.  Would someone else
please try this (with soil, compost) and let me know what they find
happens after
adding some peroxide.

Thanks,

Judi