Re: [compost_tea] Inclusion of clay in compost

From: L Blair <rlbct_at_clear.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 11:05:28 +1300
Could it also be that additional elements provided by clay or rock powder
enhance the compost/humus?  If such additions show increased fungal
presence, then are the fungi feeding on the minerals too?
Its my guess that "mineralised" fungi would be stronger?
I would imagine that lime additions would also improve the compost - if the
organic matter inputs were not adequate in calcium.

I am planning a visit to OZ in a few months, Brisbane and south (Armidale).
If anyone knows of where I might see Lubke-style composting I would
appreciate it.  Other composting operations too?

Lynton (in NZ)

Yahoo! Groups Links